- Press releases
- Press Conferences
- Media Section
- Safran Magazine
CFM logs $12.6 billion in new orders
- Total LEAP orders to date at 3,752 engines
- Orders for CFM56 family remain strong
FARNBOROUGH, England – 12 July 2012 — The momentum for CFM Internationals’ advanced LEAP engine family continue s to build as the company logged orders and commitments for 922 new engines in recent weeks at a value of $12.6 billion at list price, nearly doubling its total 2012 order book to date, which now stands at 1,792.
LEAP engines for Airbus A320neo, Boeing 737 MAX, and COMAC C919:
- Agriculture Bank of China - 45 COMAC 919 aircraft;
- Air Lease Corporation (ALC) - 75 firm Boeing 737 MAX aircraft;
- ALAFCO – 20 Boeing 737 MAX
- Aviation Capital Group – 18 Airbus A320neo aircraft
- Avolon Leasing – 15 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft;
- GE Capital Aviation Services – 75 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- United Airlines – 100 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft (including a service agreement);
- Virgin Australia – 23 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.
CFM56 -5B and CFM56-7B engines to power Airbus A320 and Boeing 737 aircraft:
- Avolon – 10 Boeing Next-Generation 737s:
- GE Capital Aviation Services – 25 Boeing Next-Generation 737s;
- Juneyao Airlines – five Airbus A321s
- United Airlines – 50 Boeing Next-Generation 737s
LEAP and CFM56 engines are a product of CFM International, a 50/50 joint company between Snecma (Safran group) and GE. CFM, the world’s leading supplier of commercial aircraft engines, has delivered nearly 24,000 engines to date.
For more information, contact:
PRESS RELEASETop of page
- 2014.09.30 | easyJet orders additional CFM56-5B engines
- 2014.09.26 | Turbomeca (Safran) signs SBH® contract with Aero Asahi Corporation.
- 2014.09.22 | Safran and Cella Energy enter into an exclusive partnership to develop hydrogen storage systems for aerospace applications
Online library with the various activities of Safran, freely available to the public and private access to the professionals.
Interactive annual report
The e-accessible version of the 2013 business and corporate social responsibility report offers enriched content.
Click here to read it.
New visual identity
Safran gears up for more electric aircraft.See the video
Safran, a dynamic Groupsee the file
- Press & Media
Most viewed pages