- Press releases
- Press Conferences
- Media Section
- Safran Magazine
25.09.2008, Sagem Défense Sécurité
Sagem Défense Sécurité wins feasibility study contract for Paris Fire Department’s future integrated equipment
Paris, September 24th, 2008
The Paris Fire Department (France) has awarded Sagem Défense Sécurité (SAFRAN Group) the contract for the feasibility study of the Multimedia Observation and Communication System that will equip city firefighters.
Slated to last six months, the study will use Sagem Défense Sécurité’s Rescuer’s Observation and Information Network (ROBIN) for the needs of firefighter crews. It will draw on dual technologies in the FELIN and SITEL* systems, both designed by Sagem Défense Sécurité to modernize France’s infantry.
The future system will substantially improve the efficiency and security of intervention crews by providing entirely new features:
- Video, fixed images, voice and data transmission via a high-speed multimedia radio network
- Detection of victims and firefighters in closed-off spaces with no visibility via infrared technology
- Three dimension real-time displays of the intervention zone and location of firefighters
- Centralized control of individual security equipment of involved firefighters, etc
It will be interoperable with the firefighters’ Antares network of digital radio communications and will be 100% open to civilian communications standards.
* FELIN: French Army’s integrated soldier suite
SITEL: elementary terminal information system
Sagem Défense Sécurité is a high-tech company in the SAFRAN Group. It is a world or European leader in solutions and services in optronics, avionics and critical software for the civilian and military markets. Sagem Défense Sécurité is the European No. 1 and worldwide No.3 in INSs for aeronautic, naval and land applications. It is also the worldwide No.1 in helicopter flight controls and the European No.1 in optronic and tactical UAV systems. Present across the globe via the SAFRAN Group’s international network, Sagem Défense Sécurité and its subsidiaries employ 6000 people in Europe and the US.
Presse Contact | Philippe Wodka-Gallien | Tél.: +33 (0)1 58 11 19 49 | E-Mail : email@example.com
PRESS RELEASETop of page
- 2014.09.01 | European Heritage Days 2014: Safran Aerospace Museum opens its doors all weekend
- 2014.08.29 | Morpho acquires Dictao
- 2014.08.26 | Morpho presents world’s fastest contactless fingerprint scanner at Global Identity Summit
Online library with the various activities of Safran, freely available to the public and private access to the professionals.
Interactive annual report
The e-accessible version of the 2013 business and corporate social responsibility report offers enriched content.
Click here to read it.
New visual identity
Safran gears up for more electric aircraft.See the video
Safran, a dynamic Groupsee the file
- Press & Media
Most viewed pages