Safran leverages its proven ability for technological innovation to develop products offering ever-higher performance in our core markets of aerospace, defense and security. This enables us to meet our customers’ economic requirements, while at the same time addressing today’s social and environmental challenges.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an integral part of Safran’s development strategy, enabling us to meet the expectations of all stakeholders, including employees, partners, customers, shareholders, suppliers and the communities concerned by our operations.
Our CSR approach is based on values and ethics shared by all employees: citizenship, people empowerment and recognition, meeting commitments and the power of teamwork. These values underpin the corporate culture at Safran.
Safran’s CSR approach is organized as follows:
- A CSR sponsor on the Executive Committee, currently Stéphane Abrial, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Corporate Office.
- A coordinator, currently Catherine Buche-Andrieux, Diversity and CSR manager.
- A Steering Committee, with representatives of the different entities involved (HR, International, sustainable development, purchasing, foundations and philanthropy, legal, etc.).
- Correspondents in different companies and regions: HR departments for zones and at subsidiaries, within their respective scopes of responsibility.
Strategic CSR objectives were determined in line with the Group’s overall strategy, current actions and commitments, and the expectations of all stakeholders.
Six CSR strategic objectives
Safran’s CSR policy is based on six strategic objectives that were defined in 2012 and are anchored in the ISO 26000 standard.
- Develop innovative products and processes with minimal environmental impact.
- Always aim for excellence in ensuring the security and protection of people and goods.
- Develop people’s potential.
- Foster the involvement of suppliers and partners in this initiative.
- Sustain a culture of integrity.
- Guarantee optimum communications with all stakeholders.